Our delicious classic french toast recipe is perfect for Sunday brunch with a side of fresh fruit.
- 1 egg or 4 egg whites
- ¼ cup low-fat milk, soymilk, or rice milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ghee
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- In a medium-size flat bowl, combine eggs, milk, spices, and vanilla. Whisk the mixture together for 1 minute with a fork.
- Heat a griddle or large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Place the ghee on the griddle. The griddle is hot when a sprinkle of water sizzles.
- Cut the bread slices in half. Working with one piece at a time, dip the bread in the batter, turn it to the other side, and then place on the heated griddle.
- Continue until the griddle is full or the bread is used up. Toast the bread for 2 or 3 minutes on each side or until it is golden brown.
- Place in a 250-degree oven to keep warm. Serve with fresh or sautéed fruit or maple syrup.
Nutritional Facts Per 2-slice serving
- Calories 277
- Total fat 8.0
- Saturated fat 3.0
- Carbohydrates 39.2g
- Protein 11.9g
- Serves 2
- Prep 5m
- Cook 24m
- Total time 29m
Share This Article