"Silence is the great teacher and to learn its lessons you must pay attention to it. There is no substitute for the creative inspiration, knowledge, and stability that come from knowing how to contact your core of inner silence."
Who will benefit from this retreat?
Silent Awakenings is for committed Primordial Sound Meditation practitioners who want to take their meditation and spiritual awareness to a deeper level. A silent retreat isn’t suited for everyone, yet for those who are ready to take a deep inward journey, many gifts await.
Silent Awakenings is perfect for anyone who wants to:
- Experience a mindfulness retreat in a beautiful nature setting
- Step away from life’s demands and engage in deep reflection
- Engage in an extended experience of personal contemplation and rejuvenation
- Awaken to their essential spiritual nature
- Expand and deepen their meditation practice
What is a typical day like at Silent Awakenings?
Your day will follow a basic structure. The meditations will be led by Deepak and the Chopra Center’s master educators.
- Sunrise meditation
- Yoga (indoor and outdoor classes available)
- Group meditation (indoors)
- Time to journal and take guided nature walks with Brent BecVar
- Satsang and meditation with Deepak
Are meals included?
Yes, three delectable meals are included and served each day. The food is simple and fresh, with a delicious choice of dishes to support and enliven your body, mind, and spirit during your retreat. Daily menus highlight seasonal produce procured directly from local organic farmers. Vegetarian and vegan options will be available. Asilomar can accommodate some food allergies; please share any concerns with your Program Consultant.
What are the accommodations like at Asilomar?
The accommodations are rustic and comfortable, perfect for anyone dedicated to rest and reflection. In keeping with this tradition, guest rooms are free of modern-day distractions such as telephones and televisions. For more information, please go to visitasilomar.com.
What happens during personal time?
You will have time every day to be alone. You can exercise, write in your journal, walk on the beach or do anything that is nurturing for your experience.
Are there any requirements to attend?
Silent Awakenings is an advanced retreat, limited to 150 guests who have previously attended any Chopra Center program, workshop, or retreat. This is a unique opportunity for an extended experience of meditation, silence and contemplation that will help you dive deeper and be more present in your life.
We ask that participants fulfill the following prerequisites before coming to Silent Awakenings:
- For at least two months prior to the event, participants need to have a practice of meditating twice a day with one of the daily meditations lasting a minimum of thirty minutes.
- At least one day a month in the months leading up to the event, spend the day in silence.