Perfect Health FAQ
- What is the Perfect Health program?
- What happens at Perfect Health?
- Who can benefit from Perfect Health?
- What is included?
- What is the Waitlist Protocol?
- Where can I stay?
Perfect Health is a 6- or 10-day mind-body healing immersion offered on selected weeks each month at the Chopra Center, located in the beautiful coastal town of Carlsbad, California.
Inspired by Deepak Chopra’s best-selling book Perfect Health,this signature mind-body program will teach you principles and techniques – both ancient and modern – to soothe your body and mind, ease your stress, and relieve your anxiety.
The Chopra Center’s core wellness program invites you to step out of your busy life of challenges and deadlines and immerse yourself in the healing world of Ayurveda.
Your path to wellness includes mind-body classes taught by Chopra Center master educators, an integrative medical consultation with one of our gifted board-certified physicians, customized Ayurvedic massage treatments for your mind-body personality, detoxifying and rejuvenating therapies – plus instruction in Primordial Sound Meditation and daily Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga classes.
Attendance at the Perfect Health program is limited to 28 guests (6-Day Program) and 35 guests (10-Day Program) to ensure the most personal and intimate experience.
The Perfect Health experience begins on Monday morning with an Orientation with the Program Manager and Medical Director who will be guiding and supporting you throughout the week along with the Chopra Center educators, healing arts masters and physicians on staff.
Your first day will include the following:
- Guidance on Purify cleanse
- Session on Doshas (Mind-Body constitution)
- Introduction to Primordial Sound Meditation course
- Receiving your personal mantra
- Ayurvedic massage treatment
- Group Meditation
During your Perfect Health experience, each day begins and ends with sessions in the Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga (suited for all levels) and a group meditation held in the serenity of our Meditation Room, which has absorbed the peaceful vibrations of thousands of meditators over the years. You will receive an individual schedule for your daily customized Ayurvedic massage treatments – as well as for your one-on-one mind-body medical consultationand an Ayurvedic Follow-up with one of our certified instructors. Breakfast (starting on Tuesday) and lunch are included each day. Healthy dinner options are available on site.
All instruction takes place in the Chopra Center’s warm and welcoming Dharma Room where you can make yourself comfortable and at home. Fresh ginger and herbal teas are available throughout the day. In this intimate setting, our master educators will teach you the fundamentals of living an Ayurvedic lifestyle:
- Identifying your mind-body constitution (dosha)
- Healing yourself through the power of the five senses
- Food as medicine and eating to balance your dosha
- Emotional healing
- A customized balancing routine
- Lessons in communicating effectively and compassionately
- The keys to turning your intentions into good choices for health and wellbeing
Friday’s Integration session brings all that you have learned and experienced together so you will be ready to implement the teachings and your new tools into your daily life successfully.
Saturday of Perfect Health is devoted to rejuvenation and self nourishment. At this point, you’ve released an enormous amount of physical and emotional toxicity and are beginning the Ayurvedic process known as rasayna- a Sanskrit term that means “that which nourishes.” You will have scheduled yoga classes and group meditations, an Ayurvedic massage treatment and more time for self reflection before you head home.
The Perfect Health program provides immediate and long-term benefits to anyone seeking improved health and vitality, including those coping with:
- Physical or emotional pain
- Depression and anxiety
- Chronic health issues
- Job burnout and stress
- Relationship difficulties
- Autoimmune disorders
- Cancer and chemotherapy
Whether you are at a crossroads in your life, facing a health challenge, or you want to expand your current levels of health and wellbeing, the Perfect Health program will give you a lifetime of healing benefits.
Your path to Perfect Health includes:
- Customized Ayurvedic massage treatments
- Detoxifying and rejuvenating therapies
- A mind-body medical consultation with a staff physician
- Instruction in Primordial Sound Meditation, Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga, and the life healing techniques of Ayurveda
- Daily classes that include effective balancing routines, optimal nutrition, emotional clearing practices, and conscious communication
- Personal time for renewal and inner reflection
At the end of the Perfect Health program, you’ll leave feeling renewed, rejuvenated, and more vibrant on all levels. Using the knowledge you gain at Perfect Health, you will be empowered to make more conscious choices about your health and wellbeing.
- When the Perfect Health program date you’d like to attend is sold out you may opt to be placed onto the paid wait-list.
- Your program consultant will notify you as soon as a seat becomes available, up to 10 days prior to the program start date.
- If the program remains sold out then you can choose another program date or be placed into a hold until you’re ready to select a future date.
- Please submit your medical paperwork as approval is still required to secure your place on the paid waitlist.
The Chopra Center offers preferred rates for our guests staying at Omni La Costa Resort & Spa. Please check with Omni La Costa for availability. In addition, we have relationships with other local area hotels that can offer you discounted stays. For a list of local accommodations, click here.