This stir-fry is filled with vegetables and ready in just 30 minutes.
Prep and cook time is for vegetable variation only.
Per 2-cup serving using olive oil, vegetables, and sauce:
- 1 clove garlic, pressed, or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon plus 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger or 1 teaspoon ground
- ⅛ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ⅛ cup Bragg Liquid Aminos or tamari
- 1½ tablespoons rice vinegar
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon mustard, dry
- ¾ cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup thinly sliced carrots, cut diagonally
- ½ cup bite-sized cauliflower florets
- ½ cup bite-sized broccoli pieces, including peeled and sliced stalk
- 1 cup thinly sliced bok choy, cut diagonally
- 1 cup shredded white or napa cabbage
- ½ cup thinly sliced red or green bell peppers
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1 cup shredded spinach
- ½ cup whole snow peas
- ½ tablespoon ghee, olive oil, or sesame oil, or 2 tablespoons apple juice or vegetable stock
- Sesame seeds and sliced green onions
- ¼ to ½ cup diced chicken per person
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
DirectionsPer 2-cup serving using olive oil, vegetables, and sauce:
- In a small saucepan, heat 1 teaspoon sesame oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and red chili flakes and sauté briefly.
- Add the aminos, vinegar, lemon juice, maple syrup, and mustard. Whisk together, adding the vegetable stock slowly, and bring the mixture to a rolling boil.
- Just as the sauce begins to boil, add the remaining 2 teaspoons sesame oil and the dissolved arrowroot, stirring constantly with a whisk until sauce is thickened. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Select your choice of vegetables and cut them into the correct sizes
- Place all of the vegetables into separate piles or bowls until you are ready to sauté.
- In a large wok or sauté pan, heat the oil or apple juice (use apple juice or vegetable stock to reduce the fat content). Keep the heat on high begin the stir-fry by adding the vegetables, one kind at a time in the order listed, until all the vegetables are cooking in the wok or pan.
- Allow the vegetables to cook until they are al dente – still a little crunchy – no more than 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over vegetables after they are cooked. Heat through and serve over steamed rice or udon noodles. Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
- Stir-fry ¼ to ½ cup diced chicken per person in 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add the Chinese sauce and sauté for another 2 minutes. Remove from the wok or sauté pan and set aside.
- Stir-fry the vegetables, adding the chicken and sauce at the end to reheat briefly.
Nutritional Facts Per 2-cup serving using olive oil, vegetables, and sauce
- Calories 172
- Total fat 7.5
- Saturated fat 1.0
- Carbohydrates 20.0g
- Protein 6.3g
Nutritional Facts Using Chicken
- Calories 360
- Total fat 18.0
- Saturated fat 4.0
- Carbohydrates 20.0g
- Protein 29.9g
- Serves 2
- Prep 10m
- Cook 20m
- Total Time 30m