Full-Time Guest Services Team Member
Do you want to be part of our team of superstars who make a difference in the lives of others? The Chopra Center is currently seeking a full-time Guest Services team member.
The Chopra Center for Wellbeing, located in beautiful Carlsbad, CA is a nurturing place where visitors from around the world come to experience healing and transformation. We are a leading source for learning meditation, yoga, and the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda. We offer a wide variety of programs in stress release, mind-body medicine, emotional healing, self-empowerment, personal development and life transformation.
We are seeking a new team member who will greet, assist, check-in all guests, maintain thorough working knowledge of all product lines and spa services, and maintain cleanliness of the Center throughout the day. As a member of our team you must be able to multitask and maintain organization in a fast paced, changing environment. This position is full time, with weekends required.
- Greet/assist/check-in Center program participants, yoga students, spa guests and all other guests
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Maintain proficiency in spa booking software, point-of-sale software and Outlook
- Collect and distribute mail throughout Center
- Prepare schedules and welcome kits for all our Center program guests
- Maintain thorough working knowledge of all available spa services and product lines
- Book and schedule spa services for all call-in and walk-in guests
- Prepare for next day's spa schedule -- develop spa guest list, set/check treatment locations, confirm all guest requests and preferences are accommodated
- Operate cash registers
- Organize/Restock products and marketing materials
- Unload/Organize product shipments from warehouse
- Maintain cleanliness/warmth of Center throughout the day (and any other designated Chopra spaces)
- Effective ability to communicate orally and in written form
- High attention to detail
- Flexible schedule
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent customer service skills (friendly, courteous and helpful)
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts
- Great health insurance package
- 401K plan
- Access to acupuncture and chiropractic services, yoga, meditation, etc.
- Access to our seminars and trainings
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please email your resume AND unique cover letter explaining why you are our ideal candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your email must say “I am your new Guest Services Team Member.”
Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, please note that we will only be contacting those we feel best meet the qualifications of this position.
Event Department Intern
The Chopra Center for Wellbeing is a nurturing place where visitors from around the world come to experience healing and transformation. We are a leading source for learning meditation, yoga, and the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda. We offer a wide variety of programs in stress release, mind-body medicine, emotional healing, self-empowerment, personal development and life transformation.
This is a perfect internship for someone who is a self-starter, detail oriented, creative thinker, and not afraid to roll her/his sleeves up. This internship is a unique opportunity to be immersed and participate in all aspects of planning our 20 national and international events. Our events range in size from 25 – 600 attendees. The work that you do will be surrounded by beautiful, inspiring, life changing professionals. The environment is engaging and extremely fast-paced. Individual must be self-motivated, highly competent and grounded.
Our interns will work with The Chopra Center Event Department which features an energetic, enthusiastic staff with expert skills in coordinating every aspect of innovative, successful meetings and events.
Flexibility with the start and end date is possible. Candidate should be able to devote a minimum of 10 hours per week. This is a four month internship and $500 stipend. Interns will work at the administrative offices located in Carlsbad. You will have opportunities to shadow our event managers during live events held at the Omni La Costa Resort & Spa.
- Participate in event preparation, management and logistics and responsible for planning small events.
- Serve as an on-site assistant to our Event Managers
- Work on special projects as required including research of event venues, vendors and entertainers
- Develop and produce event materials as needed
The ideal candidate must:
- Possess superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written). You will interact with numerous personalities from all walks of life. You must be positive, adaptable, compassionate and patient.
- Be very proficient with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Constant Contact and Publisher is a plus.
- Major in Business, Marketing, Hospitality, Public Relations, Communications, or similar preferred
- Special events experience a plus, not required
- Have an interest in mind body wellness or Ayurveda.
- Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- The cover letter should include a summary of your event planning experience, an explanation of what you want to gain from an internship program and dates of availability for an interview.
- Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed