Silent Awakenings is a week-long journey within inspired by the teachings and writing of Chopra Center co-founder David Simon. Held in the serene, beachfront lodge of Asilomar in Northern California’s beautiful Monterey Peninsula, this retreat is designed specifically for meditators who want to spend an extended period in silence, deepening their meditation practice, and awakening to the beauty and richness of their own internal life.
Offered only once each year, Silent Awakenings is an all-inclusive silent retreat that allows you to dip into the silent space between thoughts while enjoying the collective energy of our community of like-minded people.
Silent Awakenings invites you to:
- Enjoy sunrise beach meditations overlooking the Pacific ocean.
- Join Deepak Chopra and Jyotish expert Brent BecVar for an evening of satsangs
- Connect to your body, breath, and heart with morning and evening yoga sessions led by Chopra Center Master Educator, Amanda Ringnalda and Danielle Mika Nagel
- Experience the wisdom of the Five Awakenings - nature, healing, silence, dharma, and love - through meditation, reflection, and journaling
- Retreat from life's noise and stimulation and discover the deep rejuvenation of sacred silence
At Silent Awakenings we invite you to step away and reconnect to what truly matters most.
See what past guests are saying about Silent Awakenings:
The Silent Awakenings experience is a gift you give yourself. Time to be silent in nature and surrounded by like-minded people. Time to disconnect from the outside world. Time to ask, listen, and learn about yourself, who you are, and what you want." - Sue
Silent Awakenings was unexpectedly profound. Something that I was deeply yearning for but not quite cognizant of. Awesome. Beautiful. Thank you." - J.J.
This retreat is an incredible opportunity to get in touch with your true self, to reflect on your life and give it a more meaningful direction, and to let your soul shine." - Harry
This experience was beyond explanation or words. My life changed in many ways that I could never have anticipated. So much so that much of the week after was completely remarkable. Every session was meaningful and one built upon another. It seemed to have a wonderful flow as I personally moved through the experience first with some difficulty but then as I gave into the movement, with great beauty and energy." - Rebecca