“Meditation is one of the most powerful tools we have for experiencing deep peace and joy.”
Weekend Within was created for anyone who is seeking balance, healing, and transformation.
Q. I’ve never meditated before, is this event for me?
A. Yes! Weekend Within was designed just for you! Join other like-minded individuals and explore the best the Chopra Center has to offer with inspiring lectures and sessions with Deepak Chopra, special guest(s) and Chopra Center master educators. You’ll leave with practical tools to create balance at home and work all year long.
Q. Who should attend Weekend Within?
A. Weekend Within is the perfect gateway experience for anyone who is interested in beginning his or her personal exploration of meditation.
Weekend Within is ideal for anyone who is interested in:
- Learning how to meditate
- Establishing a spiritual practice
- Finding their passion and purpose in life
- Spending a fun, meaningful weekend with their friends and loved ones
- Discovering tools for creating greater health and wellbeing
- Building new friendships with a community of like-minded people
- Practicing meditation with their family. This weekend is appropriate for young adults ages 13 and over.
Q. What will I learn and experience throughout this retreat?
A. When you attend Weekend Within you will develop a strong meditation practice that will give you the gift of feeling refreshed, revitalized and reconnected to what really matters.
Throughout this soothing and eye-opening retreat you will:
- Receive your personal Primordial Sound Mantra
- Develop a strong meditation practice
- Practice yoga daily
- Connect to your intuition and inner wisdom
- Calm your mind and nourish your soul
- Discover your unique mind-body constitution (Dosha)
- Learn an introduction to Ayurveda and how you can balance your life
- Return home with a daily practice, and a renewed sense of wellbeing
Q. What can I expect from Weekend Within?
A. At Weekend Within, you will:
- Explore expanded states of consciousness
- Learn the timeless practice of Primordial Sound Meditation
- Experience a gentle yoga practice for body-centered restful awareness
Deepak Chopra and our special guests will guide you to go beyond your current limiting beliefs and experience deeper layers of yourself. You will connect with like-minded individuals and spark or re-engage practices that will make your life more fulfilling.
Q. Are meals included?
A. Yes, Weekend Within includes two light breakfasts and two healthy Ayurvedic lunches.
Q. What should I wear?
A. We do not have a specific dress code for meditation. We encourage you to wear comfortable street clothes or yoga clothes for all of the meditation sessions. We encourage all of our participants to dress in layers. As you calm down, your heart rate slows down in relaxation, you may find yourself feeling cool. It's best to bring lots of layers to ensure you don't get cold. You may also want to bring a meditation cusion of your choice though the Chopra Center provides both chairs and backjacks for comfortable seating.
Q. Where do I find lodging and transportation information?
A. Hotel, Transportation, and Parking is located below.
Omni La Costa, Carlsbad, CA
Located 30 miles from the San Diego International Airport, Omni La Costa Resort & Spa welcomes travelers to experience the perfect escape from everyday life. Immerse yourself in luxury as you settle into one of 600 rooms, suites or villas. Indulge in relaxation at The Spa at La Costa or dive into one of our eight swimming pools, including family-friendly waterslides and splash pads or the Edge adult pool, offering panoramic views of our championship courses. Turn your stay into a sport outing by teeing off at our championship-quality golf courses or practice your back hand at one of 17 tennis courts. Discover serenity at the Chopra Center for Wellbeing and satisfy appetites at one of our on-site restaurants. From world-class amenities and dining destinations to pool experiences and activities for all ages to enjoy, Omni La Costa is the perfect destination for you and your family.
Read More >>
- Check-in time is 4:00 p.m.; check-out time is 11:00 a.m. All guests arriving before 4:00 p.m. will be accommodated as rooms become available. Omni La Costa's Guest Service Staff can arrange to check baggage for those arriving early when rooms are unavailable and for guests attending functions on departure day.
- Omni La Costa Resort & Spa requires that all reservations be guaranteed by a valid major credit card, which will be supplied at the time of reservation.
- Please note: the discounted Chopra Center room rates are available on a first come, first served basis and are based upon availability. The Omni La Costa Resort & Spa does not guarantee that the Chopra Center room rate will be honored once the block of discounted rooms are filled or once the deadline to reserve a room has passed, whichever comes first.
- For all-inclusive packaged events: If you cancel within 21 days of the start date of your all-inclusive event you will be charged an accommodations cancellation fee. The cancellation fee varies per event. Please refer to your confirmation e-mail for the specific amount.
(800) 316-4140 (ask for the Chopra Center discount)
Website: Unique Transportation
Contact Reservations directly at 800-316-4140 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your ground transportation. Unique Transportation is a “green” company, offering fuel-economy vehicles. Chopra Center guests receive a discounted rate each way to/from the San Diego Airport. Curbside pickup is $85. Airport meet and greet inside is $95.
Super Shuttle: (previously called Cloud Nine Shuttle)
800-BLUE-VAN (Discount code AGC7J for Chopra Center)
Website: Super Shuttle
Chopra Center guests receive a discounted rate of $50.00 for a shared ride, and $85.00 for sedan or SUV each way to/from the San Diego Airport. Reservations can be accepted online or by calling 800-BLUE-VAN to book your transportation.
Hertz Rental Car
(800) 654-2240 (in the US and Canada)
(405) 749-4434 (outside of the US and Canada)
Hertz is offering car rentals at discounted rates for Chopra Center guests. Please ensure the following Convention Number (CV)04UW0005 is entered under the option to Enter a Discount or Promo code at Hertz Website when booking your reservation.
Day use parking is complimentary for all guests.
Q. What should I expect and what should I bring?
A. Information on seasonal weather, packing suggestions, yoga, seating and meals is located below.
Seasonal Weather Averages
Winter has average highs around 63°F and lows around 45°F degrees.
Spring has average highs around 65°F and lows around 52°F degrees.
Summer has average highs up to 85°F and lows around 63°F degrees.
Fall has average highs around 69°F and lows around 57°F degrees.
Current local weather:
What to Bring
Our workshops are held in both indoor & outdoor facilities and the temperature in the conference room will vary. Please dress in comfortable layers. You may want to bring sweaters, a light jacket, a hat/scarf, and a coat depending on the season and what you are accustomed to.
Be sure to bring comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen, and a hat or sunglasses.
As a general courtesy to the other guests, we kindly ask that you refrain from wearing fragrances or scented products during the event.
Yoga classes will be suitable for beginners and intermediate students.
If you plan to attend yoga classes, please bring your yoga mat. Yoga mats will not be provided. Mats will be available for purchase at the Chopra Center store, Omni La Cost Spa and Livewell boutique.
Wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing that allows for movement.
You may want to bring something light to eat for breakfast as the break can be brief between yoga and the first session.
Both chair and back-jack seating options will be available.
Remember, you will be sitting for longer periods than you may be accustomed to. You may want to bring a pillow or a blanket for your additional comfort.
Certified Teachers receive reserved seating. All other seating is unassigned.
If you have special dietary needs please contact your Program Consultant. Refer to your event Sample Schedule for a list of included meals.
You are encouraged to begin incorporating more vegetarian meals into your diet at least one week prior to attending the event. This will provide your body the opportunity to adjust to eating a more plant-based diet.