Discover the Small, But Significant Lifestyle Changes Anyone Can Make To Activate the Body’s Innate Ability to Heal and Thrive
When it comes to advice about how to live a long and healthy life, there’s a lot of confusing, conflicting information out there.
One minute we’re told something is good for us – the magic cure to end our fatigue, weight gain or illness. And the next minute we can be told it’s entirely ineffective, or worse – something harmful that we should avoid.
Not to mention, the rapidly increasing rates of obesity, autoimmune disorders, and such lifestyle-related diseases as diabetes and heart disease in our society suggest that something about the advice we follow and our collective thinking is wrong or, at least, incomplete.
Wouldn’t you like to cut through the hype and know with certainty what’s really optimal for you?
So that you knew what foods and exercises would most benefit you and your unique constitution . . . and you understood why you respond to certain stresses differently than other people you know . . . and you could easily recognize and correct the underlying imbalances that are the root causes of fatigue, weight gain, stress, illness and other such symptoms . . .
Because you had a complete, individualized health system to follow, in which mind, body, and spirit are connected – instead of a piecemeal, one-size-fits-all approach?
If you’ve looked online and gotten half a dozen different pieces of advice on nutrition or exercise or health – all of which seem to contradict each other and none of which seem really right for you . . .
Or, you’re talking to one expert about sleep and one expert about heart health and another about nutrition ‒ and you sense that if they were talking to each other, looking at you and your lifestyle as a whole that new answers would reveal themselves . . .
Or, if you’re seeking a more complete a system of medicine that does more than treat disease ‒ it’s a way of living that will activate your inner healing mechanisms, help you stave off or even reverse disease, and promote vitality of your mind, body and spirit . . .
You’re invited to Journey into Healing—a signature Chopra Center mind-body wellness event co-created and led by world-renowned expert and pioneer in mind-body medicine, Deepak Chopra, M.D., FACP, to be educated and immersed in the ancient, yet little-known Ayurvedic medicine techniques with the power to transform the way all of us manage our health today.
Discover the 5,000-year-old Proven Path to Creating Vibrant Health in Today’s Modern World at Journey Into Healing Beginning on Thursday, August 17th
At Journey into Healing, Thursday, August 17th - Sunday, August 20th, Deepak and Chopra Center physicians and master educators, Kulreet Chaudhary, MD, Mimi Guarneri, MD, FACC, ABOIM, Sheila Patel, MD, Mona Saint, MD, MPH, Daniel Vicario, MD, ABIHM, along with renowned Ayurvedic physician and educator Suhas Kshirsagar, MD (Ayur), BAMS, will reveal how you can stave off or even reverse chronic disease and promote vitality by understanding your unique mind-body type (or dosha) and the Ayurvedic lifestyle choices that best support it.
Under the guidance of these recognized leaders in the field of mind-body medicine, you also will discover:
The foundational principles of Ayurvedic lifestyle and Ayurvedic medicine and how it fits into our modern context – and the importance and scientific validation of a mind-body-spirit approach to healing.
The latest cutting edge information and science on mind-body healing – presented by some of the world’s foremost leaders in integrative and Ayurvedic medicine.
Why what works for a person with one mind-body type may not work for a person with another.
A simple way to give your body and mind everything they need to function optimally and to heal – and the scientific rationale behind these choices.
How to safely and effectively cleanse and detoxify your body to rest and strengthen your digestive fire and support your body’s own natural mechanisms to remove built-up toxins.
Simple solutions to improve your sleep – so you wake up feeling energetic and vibrant, instead of tired and unenthusiastic about the day ahead.
A guide to a healthy daily routine and easy self-care practices that optimize the body’s natural cycles for healing.
How to establish a daily meditation practice for reduced stress and improved health.
How to move your body through gentle yoga exercises to activate your inner healing mechanisms.
How to tune into the wisdom of your body – and let it guide you to make choices that keep you in harmony with your inner intelligence and rhythms.
Practical tools to address the root cause of chronic disease and create balance of mind, body, and spirit.
You’ll return home with a new perspective on lifestyle practices that facilitate healing, armed with new tools and techniques to create a healthy lifestyle for you and those you care for.
During this Journey into Healing workshop we will be offering Ayurvedic yoga classes each morning. We will be exploring a yoga practice designed with specific yoga poses for each mindbody type known as a dosha. We offer three varieties of yoga classes each morning: Level 1, Level 2, and Chair Yoga. Regardless of your yoga experience, flexibility, or body type, you will find a class that will benefit you.
Day-by-Day Course Overview
Here’s a closer look at everything you’ll cover in just 4 days:
DAY ONE: The Essence of Healing
With Chopra Center master educators: Dr. Sheila Patel & Dr. Suhas Kshirsagar
- Become grounded in the knowledge that your natural state is one of wholeness and vibrant health, which is achievable even in the midst of our busy, stressful, toxic world.
- Learn about ancient Ayurvedic healing therapies that promote holistic wellbeing of the mind, body and spirit – and hear the latest scientific research to support why these therapies work.
- Discover why a one-size-fits-all approach to health can’t help everyone – and how to get measurably improved results with a customized approach to wellness based on your unique constitution.
- Identify your unique mind-body type (dosha) – and get easy-to-master tips to balance it.
- Uncover the simplest, most effective shifts anyone can make that can prevent (and even reverse) many chronic diseases.
DAY TWO: Your Road to Wellness
With Chopra Center master educators and guests: Dr. Deepak Chopra, Dr. Suhas Kshirsagar, Dr. Sheila Patel & Dr. Mona Saint
- Be introduced to Ayurvedic Yoga – Experience first-hand the benefits of restorative Ayurvedic Yoga.
- Debunk firmly held nutrition myths and discover how to use the right foods as medicine to see measurable improvements in health and digestion.
- Discover the healing power of herbs – learn about the benefits of common Ayurvedic herbs and how they can be used to balance each dosha.
- Experience guided meditations and receive the tools to establish a meditation practice– even after you return home to your busy life.
DAY THREE: Support Your Natural Healing Ability
With Chopra Center master educators and guests: Dr. Suhas Kshirsagar, Dr. Sheila Patel & Dr. Dan Vicario
- Discover little-known therapies proven effective at eliminating toxins from your body and reversing the negative effects of stress on your body and mind.
- Learn surprisingly simple approaches to maintaining emotional wellbeing in a stressful, busy, anxiety-ridden world.
- Get practical tips anyone can use to take charge of your health, look and feel better, reduce stress and suffering, have more energy, nourish your spirit and be well – even in the face of serious disease.
DAY FOUR: Integration and Daily Routines
With Chopra Center master educator Dr. Mona Saint
- Awaken your inner pharmacy – with simple techniques to use your senses (touch, sound, sight, taste and smell) to stimulate production of the body’s natural chemicals that improve immunity, relieve anxiety and depression, normalize digestive function and reduce pain.
- Discover how natural it is to follow the rhythms of nature and create a daily routine that supports (vs. works against) your optimum health and vitality.
Course Materials and Resources
When you register for Journey into Healing, you’ll receive everything you need to take full advantage of the course, including:
- A Journey into Healing course workbook to take your experience to the next level
- Robust take-home course materials presented to you upon check in.
- All New! Paid tuition to The Chopra Center’s Primordial Sound Meditation On-Demand Course is included as part of the Journey into Healing course to enrich both your experience at Journey into Healing and also the quality your life.
Because Primordial Sound Meditation is so foundational to your experience at Journey into Healing and integral to your health and well-being, we have included access to the online Primordial Sound Meditation On-Demand Course as a path to establish, or refresh, your own Primordial Sound Meditation practice prior to joining us at Journey into Healing.
The Chopra Center’s Primordial Sound Meditation On-Demand Course is a self-paced, 6-session, online course led by Deepak Chopra to help you establish (or deepen) a simple,
When your register for Journey into Healing you’ll receive access to the entire Primordial Sound Meditation On-Demand Course at absolutely no additional cost.
Here’s What the World's Top Thought Leaders Have to Say About Dr. Deepak Chopra
"Dr. Chopra moves us from the mundane lives that trap many of us to the sacred insights offered by our souls."
—Dr. Mehmet C. Oz, bestselling coauthor of You: The Owner’s Manual
"Dr. Mark Hyman's revolutionary work has the power to radically transform and uplift your life."
-Kris Carr, New York Times bestselling author of Crazy Sexy Diet
"Deepak Chopra is quite simply one of the greats. How fortunate we are to have his wisdom, his teaching and his love."
—Marianne Williamson, bestselling author and internationally acclaimed lecturer
"Whenever I'm asked what it means to be an authentic leader, my response invariably includes: “Take a look at Deepak Chopra.” What I admire most about Deepak is his commitment to create global change by teaching everyone to meditate. Deepak fulfills his mission because he truly embodies his teachings. He serves from a place of passion and inspiration. That's authentic leadership.”
-Gabrielle Bernstein, New York Times best-selling author of Miracles Now