Join Deepak Chopra and Special Guest Speaker Andrew Weil
Join Special Guest Speakers Drs. Deepak Chopra and Andrew Weil
Other master educators include Chopra Center physicians, staff, and more!
Restore your health and vitality as you journey to the heart of wellness and explore the emotional and spiritual roots of hunger with two of the world’s leading wellness experts–Drs. Deepak Chopra and Andrew Weil. Learn Primordial Sound Meditation, discover your unique constitution (dosha) and gain tools for lasting mind-body balance.
About Andrew Weil’s Workshop: Discover the Joys of Mindful Eating
Many people who are overweight eat for reasons that have nothing to do with physical hunger. When you reach for the chocolates, chips, or other “comfort” foods, it’s often because you're stressed, depressed, or bored. This kind of emotional hunger is a form of craving – wanting something from the outside in order to feel complete or happy. But craving is the root of suffering, because no amount of food can fill our true needs and desires.
At Journey into Healing, Dr. Andrew Weil will address this basic human problem with practical advice for managing hunger, including:
- Learning to distinguish between hunger that represents real needs (for food, for example) from hunger that represents cravings from a restless mind
- Discovering the subtle cues that guide your behavior around food
- Meditation and mindfulness practices to help you dissolve cravings and experience yourself as complete, whole, and content
- An integrative healing approach to healthy, intuitive eating
- Enjoying the pleasures of fresh, real food
- Finding out what you’re really hungry for
If you want to experience permanent weight loss and become freer and more content, Dr. Weil will help you empower yourself with practical tools and simple daily practices that will give you immediate and long-term benefits.