Seven Day Detox Routine
According to Ayurveda, good health is dependent upon our capability to fully metabolize the nutritional, emotional and sensory information that we ingest. When our digestive energies, known as Agni (fire), are robust, we create healthy tissues, eliminate waste products efficiently and produce a subtle essence called ojas. Ojas, which may be envisioned as the source of our vitality, is the basis for clarity of perception, physical strength, and immunity. On the other hand, if our agnis are weakened, digestion is incomplete. This accumulation of toxic residue is collectively known as ama. Cleansing and detoxifying the body helps build the natural fire within (agni), which naturally burns ama and aids in digestion.
To help detoxify, strengthen the immune system, and increase the production of ojas (vital energy), we suggest performing the following activities for 7 days:
- Every morning, perform a self massage (self-Abhy) with herbalized dosha balancing oil. When stimulated through therapeutic touch or massage, the skin releases a pharmacy of healing chemicals that have health-promoting effects on the physiology. In addition to feeling good, regular massage and loving touch detoxifies the body’s tissues, increase circulation, calms the mind, and enhances immune function.
- Follow your massage with a Neti pot and Nasya, a traditional method to purify and revitalize the breathing passages. In addition, this process can reduce allergies and decrease your chances of contracting upper respiratory infections.
- Take Biochavan and Triphala. Biochavan has been used for thousands of years to promote health and longevity. Rich in antioxidants, it has been scientifically proven to have measurable health enhancing benefits including detoxification, improved digestive functioning, and increased immunity. Triphala, formulated by Ayurvedic physicians thousands of years ago and used by literally billions of people since, is considered the most effective colon tonic by most health care practitioners.
- Drink 3-4 cups of dosha balancing organic tea per day to help flush the system.
- Simplify your diet to appropriately cooked vegetables and rice to allow your digestive power to work on cleansing the body.
Would you like personal instruction during your detox? Click here to learn more about our personalized detoxification program at the Chopra Center.
Call 888.736.6895 or click here to request more information