Morning Bliss Shake
In Ayurveda, the time between 6 am and 10 am is a Kapha period. Since Kapha’s qualities are heavy, slow, and dull, eating a large breakfast contributes to lethargy and sleepiness. A light breakfast, on the other hand, helps you feel more alert and energetic throughout the day. This recipe for our Morning Bliss Shake makes a delicious, light breakfast that will revitalize every cell in your body.
From The Chopra Center Cookbook
- 5 whole almonds, skin on, soaked overnight in ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoons organic raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 ounce soy protein powder, plain or vanilla
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla soymilk
- 1 teaspoon Biochavan herbal supplement, optional
- 1 medium banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera juice
Drain the almonds and discard the water. Place almonds in a blender, add the other ingredients, and blend until smooth. Take as a morning protein supplement and digestive aid.
Nutritional Facts (per 1¼-cup serving)
Calories 424, Total fat 6.8 g, Saturated fat 2.8 g, Carbohydrates 61.3 g, Protein 29.8 g
Call 888.736.6895 or click here to request more information