Holiday Gift Guide: The Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga Guidebook & CD
The Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga Guidebook is a map for the conscious explorer– a travel guide highlighting the essential landmarks along the journey to wholeness.
The primary purpose of the Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga is not to champion a particular style or yogic tradition. Rather, it is to encourage the intention of using yoga to enliven awareness. Therefore, no matter what yoga method you find most appealing (flow, hot, power, restorative, etc.) the Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga can add value to your practice.
There are seven signature elements presented in this guidebook:
1) A description of the spiritual law of the day
2) Three practices to awaken the spiritual law in your daily life
3) Inspirational words to reinforce the principles of the spiritual law
4) A classical yoga chant to infuse your body and mind with the vibrations of wholeness
5) A featured yoga pose that enlivens the chakra corresponding to the spiritual law
6) The mantra that clears or opens the chakra that resonates with the spiritual law
7) A sacred poem to instill the principles of the spiritual law into your heart
A Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga class integrates all seven elements and sets the tone for the entire day. In this way, the practice of yoga becomes practice for life outside of class – one that expands our sense of self and our capacity to authentically create, connect, and love.
Chopra Center’s Sacred Chants CD performed by Beth Nielsen Chapman
Chanting sacred sounds is an integral part of yoga, helping practitioners experience yoga’s ultimate purpose: the union of our body, mind, heart, and spirit. The vibrations and rhythms take us beyond the level of the intellect into a state of body-centered restful awareness.
The beautiful Sanskrit chants on the Chopra Center Sacred Chants CD are expressed in their full purity by Grammy-winning singer/songwriter Beth Nielsen Chapman. The transformative potency in each sacred chant is enlivened by vocalist Kirby Shelstad and the universal music of drums, Indian flute, mandolin, tabla, violin, cello, keyboard, and guitar.
For thousands of years these sacred chants have helped people access expanded states of consciousness, happiness, and peace. Now you can experience the healing power of these timeless chants in the sanctuary of your own home. Listen to the chants as you move through your yoga practice, or sit quietly with your eyes closed and let the vibrations take you into a deep meditative state.