Millions of people around the world suffer from some form of insomnia, including problems falling asleep, staying asleep, and getting enough restful sleep. Ayurveda offers a healing evening routine that prepares the mind and body for deep, restful sleep. Here are the steps:
- Eat a light dinner and go for a leisurely stroll after.
- Aim to be in bed with the lights out by 10:30.
- An hour before bed, take a warm bath with calming essential oils.
- Drink a cup of warm milk with a little honey, or try a soothing herbal tea.
- Avoid watching the news and other stimulating activities after 8:30.
- Read something inspirational or listen to soft music before going to sleep.
For more tips and information about Ayurveda, please visit our online library.