Do you want to be part of our team of superstars who make a difference in the lives of others? The Chopra Center is currently seeking an experienced an experienced PHP Developer to join a small team as a full-time, salary employee and help lead the development of the core business website.
The Chopra Center for Wellbeing, located in beautiful Carlsbad, CA is the leading source for meditation, yoga, and the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda. Seekers from around the world come to experience our variety of programs in stress release, mind-body medicine, emotional healing, personal development and life transformation. Along with our programs, we have a healthy roster of services, products, and digital courses and teacher certifications to promote the spiritual journey. The Chopra Center is a Medallion Award Winner of the San Diego Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Workplace Excellence program.
- Minimum 2 years of commercial Drupal hands-on development experience
- Minimum 5+ years of commercial PHP development experience
- Proficient in developing and contributing to Drupal modules and the maintenance and administration of Drupal modules and sites.
- Ability to define, scope, code, test, and deploy complete features
- Ability to balance multiple projects and collaborate closely with other developers, managers, and third-party agencies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to drive new ideas and efforts of the internal team toward solutions of various problems
- Experience integrating open source and third-party applications into existing systems
- Familiarity with source control systems such as Git, Subversion, etc
- Ability to write code to enhance performance across all device
- Ability to meet deadlines, work with Agile methodology
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Windows / Linux / Nginx / Apache server administration
- Experience implementing continuous integration (Jarvis, PHPUnit)
- Experience with Redhat / Centos
- Experience with Preprocessors (SASS, TypeScript)
- Experience adapting and developing themes for use in a CMS environment
- Experience working with Magento Ecommerce platform
- Experience using build tools (Grunt, Gulp)
- PHP Framework Experience (Cake, Symfony, Laravel, Zend)
Our staff members work hard and in return we offer a ton of incredible benefits, exclusive to the Chopra Center:
- Great health insurance package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k)
- 3 weeks paid time off in your first year
- Access to our programs, events and ALL of our digital materials
- FREE yoga and meditation classes at the Chopra Center
- Employee trainings and fun monthly events through our Employee Wellness program
- Discounts on Chopra Center products and services including Medical Consults, Acupuncture, Pranic Healing, Life Coaching packages and more!
- The chance to work with an amazing team of talented, goal-oriented people who are passionate about health and wellness!
- A business casual environment
- That amazing feeling of satisfaction that comes from knowing that what you do truly does make a difference!
- Discounts with Chopra Center partners including Prana, Omni Resort and Quattra Via Aveda Salon
HOW TO APPLY
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE CONSIDERED, PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Please attach a unique cover letter explaining why you would be the ideal candidate in the "Attach Other Documents" section of the career center portal.
*All interested applicants must provide sites and commercial work experience with call outs of their roles/responsibilities. Showing contributions to modules or experience creating modules is a plus.