Do you want to be part of our team of superstars who make a difference in the lives of others? The Chopra Center is currently seeking a full-time Email Marketing Specialist.
The Chopra Center for Wellbeing, located in beautiful Carlsbad, CA is the leading source for meditation, yoga, and the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda. Seekers from around the world come to experience our variety of programs in stress release, mind-body medicine, emotional healing, personal development and life transformation. Along with our programs, we have a healthy roster of services, products, and digital courses and teacher certifications to promote the spiritual journey. The Chopra Center is a Medallion Award Winner of the San Diego Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Workplace Excellence program.
The Email Marketing Specialist is responsible for implementing email marketing campaigns to promote Chopra Center Events, Services, and Products. This person has an eye for detail and is able to translate graphic layouts from designers and implement into HTML emails, review copy submitted from copywriters, schedule and review sending details including segmentation, automations, and target audience details. This position is 40 hours a week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create email marketing campaigns to promote products or services.
- Handle high number of email communications each week and work with various departments to ensure successful deployment.
- Ensure marketing messages are conveyed clearly and delivered properly to prospects.
- Ensure messages are sent in proper form, template and are CAN-SPAM compliant.
- Proofread emails for clarity, grammar, and spelling.
- Light graphic design and edits as needed (Photoshop/InDesign).
- Ensure messages are mobile-friendly.
- Include specific graphics, incentives, and detailed descriptions.
- Make suggestions for email marketing campaigns based on data and industry best practices.
- Review email campaigns automations and make necessary changes or recommendations.
- Ensure opt-outs are properly handled.
- Track and analyze direct and interactive marketing campaigns.
- Use statistical analysis and reports to create campaigns.
- Send email reporting metrics to management.
- Coordinate and monitor the maintenance, integrity, and security of the email marketing database.
- Work inside Salesforce Marketing Cloud primarily (formerly ExactTarget)
- Communicate outbound messages to internal parties, particularly Customer Service
- Organize emails within SFMC software and keep campaigns/software clean within platform.
EDUCATION AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS
- 3-5 years email marketing experience
- Comfortable in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Must be able to create and edit emails in HTML, including responsive email design, and make proper code changes as needed
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud (formerly ExactTarget) experience, including Content Builder, Journey Builder, and data extensions.
- Familiarity with project management software, such as Basecamp and ActiveCollab
- Able to handle A/B tests and other strategic segmentations as guided, as well as offer suggestions to improve campaign performance based on data
- Understanding of CAN-SPAM laws and email marketing best practices
- Ability to take direction and see projects and tasks through to completion without hand holding
- Thorough review of campaigns from start to finish to ensure all parts are reviewed and approved prior to launch
- Strong attention to detail and deadline-oriented
- Must be comfortable being accountable in launching high amounts of emails
- Critical thinking and the ability to tell the “why” story with reporting campaign performance
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office
- Must be responsible, reliable, and accountable
- Must be able to work on a team, and be able to be proactive alone
Our staff members work hard and in return we offer a ton of incredible benefits, exclusive to the Chopra Center:
- Great health insurance package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k)
- 3 weeks paid time off
- Access to our programs, events and ALL of our digital materials
- FREE yoga and meditation classes at the Chopra Center
- Employee trainings and fun monthly events through our Employee Wellness program
- Discounts on Chopra Center products and services including Medical Consults, Acupuncture, Pranic Healing, Life Coaching packages and more!
- The chance to work with an amazing team of talented, goal-oriented people who are passionate about health and wellness!
- A business casual environment
- That amazing feeling of satisfaction that comes from knowing that what you do truly does make a difference!
- Discounts with Chopra Center partners including Prana, Omni Resort and Quattra Via Aveda Salon
HOW TO APPLY
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE CONSIDERED, PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
Please attach a unique cover letter explaining why you would be the ideal candidate in the "Attach Other Documents" section of the career center portal.