Do you want to be part of our team of superstars who make a difference in the lives of others? The Chopra Center is currently seeking a Drupal Developer.
The Chopra Center for Wellbeing, located in beautiful Carlsbad, CA is a nurturing place where seekers from around the world come to experience healing and transformation. We are the leading source for meditation, yoga, and the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda. We offer a wide variety of programs in stress release, mind-body medicine, emotional healing, personal development and life transformation. The Chopra Center is a 2013 Medallion Award Winner of the San Diego Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Workplace Excellence program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilites:
- Responsible for balancing multiple projects and collaborating closely with a junior developer, managers, and third-party agencies
- Develop and contribute to Drupal modules
- Maintenance and administration of Drupal modules and sites
- Write code and tests
Education and/or qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year of commercial Drupal hands-on development experience
- Minimum 3+ years of commercial PHP development experience
- Ability to drive new ideas and efforts of the internal team toward solutions of various problems
- Experience integrating open source and third-party applications into existing systems
- Familiarity with source control systems such as Git, Subversion, etc
- Ability to both collaborate with team members and to work independently
- Eager to embrace current and emerging web technologies
- Ability to write code to enhance performance across all devices
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
Additional desired skills
- Windows / Linux / Nginx / Apache server administration
- Experience with Unix, Redhat/Centos/Fedora
- Experience with Preprocessors (CoffeeScript, Jade, SCSS)
- Experience adapting and developing themes for use in a CMS environment
- Experience working with Vagrant for PHP development
- Experience using build tools (Grunt, Gulp)
- PHP Framework Experience (Cake, Symfony, Laravel, Zend)
Applicants must be able to provide sites and commercial work experience with call outs of their roles/responsibilities. Showing contributions to modules or experience creating modules is a plus.
- Great health insurance package
- 401K plan
- Access to acupuncture and chiropractic services, yoga, meditation, etc.
- Access to our seminars and trainings
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE CONSIDERED, PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY
All applications must be submitted through this portal; please do not email or Indeed-reply your application.