Do you want to be part of our team of superstars who make a difference in the lives of others? The Chopra Center is currently seeking an experienced content creator and internet marketer for a new position as Direct Response Marketing Manager. The ideal candidate will have 5-8 years’ experience in data-driven marketing in the wellness and/or personal development sectors.
The Chopra Center for Wellbeing, located in beautiful Carlsbad, CA is a nurturing place where seekers from around the world come to experience healing and transformation. We are the leading source for meditation, yoga, and the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda. We offer a wide variety of programs in stress release, mind-body medicine, emotional healing, personal development and life transformation. The Chopra Center is a 2013 Medallion Award Winner of the San Diego Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Workplace Excellence program.
The Direct Response Marketing Manager will oversee strategy and execution of marketing campaigns for Oprah & Deepak’s 21-Day Meditation Experience product portfolio, Chopra Center Online Learning, Ananda meditation subscription program, online affiliate programs, and apps. This position will work with graphic designers and writers to create high-performing measurable campaigns that drive revenue, increase the database, and help fulfill the Chopra Center’s mission in being the global source for balance, healing, and transformation. This position will report to the Director of Marketing and Digital Meditation Products.
The right candidate for this job is invested in their own personal growth, very familiar with current wellness and personal development sector authors and teachings, and already has very strong relationships in this industry. They should be extremely organized and process oriented, able to hold both big picture vision and implement small details. They must have a great understanding of effective content marketing and be on the leading edge of trends in personal development marketing.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Design and manage direct marketing campaigns for digital products and programs. Build and manage high-converting direct response digital marketing funnels that produce volume sales for e-learning products and courses, including use of limiters strategically to drive e-learning product sales.
- Evaluate response rates, suggest and manage changes to campaigns based on data and best practices and lead strategy and fulfillment of campaigns.
- Create brand congruent free digital products that serve as lead magnets for the e-learning products and courses.
- Review marketing materials to ensure strategy is integrated, in line with messages and campaigns (copy, design, web, email, etc), and on brand for multiple product portfolios concurrently
- Work closely with Director of Marketing on developing marketing strategy, tactics and follow-through on all digital offerings; work in partnership with other departments both within the division (social media, production, creative, content) and without as needed.
- Experience creating and managing profitable affiliate programs with high-profile authors and companies.
- Other assignments as needed
Education and/or qualifications:
- Experience leading and managing online products/services, leading and managing cross-functional teams.
- 5 years of experience in marketing of products and/or services.
- Experience in digital products, digital marketing and e-commerce.
- Understanding of internet business models, technology and market trends, including AB testing, heatmaps and other digital tools for data collection, evaluation and optimization.
- Expertise and success in identifying opportunities, creation and execution of end-to-end marketing plans.
- Expert in digital marketing strategies and best practices, including list segmentation, database management and customer modeling.
- Able to think strategically at a high level, but implement and execute at a detailed level.
- Ability to lead and work in fast-paced, ambiguous situations, multi-task and move from one area of focus to another quickly.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
- Detail-oriented, process focused, forward thinking, creative, collaborative.
- Familiarity with meditation, wellness, and spiritual philosophy concepts.
- Strong interpersonal skills and high maturity to represent the Chopra Center at a leadership level.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, striving towards excellence, and manage multiple projects flawlessly.
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field desirable.
- Required software experience: Microsoft Office
- Preferred software experience/understanding: Project management software (Basecamp, ActiveCollab), CRM software (SalesForce Marketing Cloud), CMS-based software for basic web content management, email marketing platforms and functionality
- Great health insurance package
- 401K plan
- Access to acupuncture and chiropractic services, yoga, meditation, etc.
- Access to our seminars and trainings
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE CONSIDERED, PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY
All applications must be submitted through this portal; please do not email or Indeed-reply your application.
Please attach a unique cover letter explaining why you would be the ideal candidate in the "Attach Other Documents" section of the career center portal.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, please note that we will only be contacting those who we feel best meet the qualifications of the position.