Do you want to be part of our team of superstars who make a difference in the lives of others? The Chopra Center is currently seeking a Medical Receptionist.
The Chopra Center for Wellbeing, located in beautiful Carlsbad, CA is a nurturing place where visitors from around the world come to experience healing and transformation. We are a leading source for learning meditation, yoga, and the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda. We offer a wide variety of programs in stress release, mind-body medicine, emotional healing, self-empowerment, personal development and life transformation. The Chopra Center is a 2013 Medallion Award Winner of the San Diego Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Workplace Excellence program.
This full-time position will report to the Medical Office Manager. The ideal candidate will be engaged in the Chopra Center’s values and mission, have strong administrative experience and thrive in a fast-paced environment. This is a rewarding opportunity to work closely with the Mind-Body medical group physicians, integrative service providers and Perfect Health guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Walk through a typical day)
- Create and prepare guest charts by collating medical paperwork, lab results, intake forms etc.
- Greet and check-in guests, record vitals (blood pressure and weight)
- Daily administrative tasks such as: receive incoming calls, answer questions regarding medical services, set appointments, route calls, collect payment, file charts, replenish hand-outs and upload documents into the Electronic Health Record system.
- Maintain confidential excel spreadsheets with personal health information
- Assist medical manager and physicians as needed. Help maintain effective flow within the office, end appointments on time, be protective of staff
- Participate in team meetings, manage inventory of office supplies and lab kits
- Any other tasks or responsibilities as assigned by your supervisor
NECESSARY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2+ years of Medical Administration/ Receptionist experience
- High School Diploma Required, Degree in related field preferred
- Exceptional multi-tasker with attention to detail
- Must be computer savvy – Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Organized, proactive and efficient
- Ability to prioritize time-sensitive tasks
- Must be compassionate and possess charisma for engaging with others.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds
PREFERRED, TRAINABLE SKILLS:
- Collecting vital signs
- Customer Management Software
- Electronic Medical Record system
- Great health insurance package
- 401K plan
- Access to acupuncture, reiki, hypnotherapy, yoga, meditation, etc.
- Access to our seminars and trainings
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please apply here. Please include a unique cover letter in the "Attach other documents" section.
Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, please note that we will only be contacting those we feel best meet the qualifications of this position.