Do you want to be part of our team of superstars who make a difference in the lives of others? The Chopra Center is currently seeking a qualified intern to join our marketing team.
The Chopra Center for Wellbeing, located in beautiful Carlsbad, CA is a nurturing place where seekers from around the world come to experience healing and transformation. We are the leading source for meditation, yoga, and the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda. We offer a wide variety of programs in stress release, mind-body medicine, emotional healing, personal development and life transformation. The Chopra Center is a 2013 and 2014 Medallion Award Winner of the San Diego Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Workplace Excellence program.
In this role, you will participate in various stages of print and online marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. This position requires up to 20 hours per week. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to gain broad experience in many aspects of marketing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assisting in the distribution, preparation or delivery of marketing materials
- Posting to all social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Linkedin, Instagram and Google+
- Gathering data for constant email communications
- Responding to customer service phone calls, emails, and support tickets
- Creating google analytics links for social media posts
- Creating monthly accounting reports for the Vedic Counseling program
- Communicating and coordinating between Vedic Counselors and customers
- Providing technical customer support for the annual Gift campaign
- Working with the lead content editor and graphic designers to create and post for the Chopra Center Lifestyle blog
- Creating surveys for the events department
- Supporting the marketing team with sending and scheduling emails
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Strong communication skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite Office and Google Docs
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Creative and Flexible
- Desire to learn more about personal development/yoga/meditation
- Working with a thriving, conscious, service-minded company
- Contributing to the community by making positive changes in peoples’ lives
- Limitless, daily yoga and meditation classes
- Ongoing private staff trainings and courses
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please email your resume AND unique cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you are our ideal candidate. The subject line of your email must say: “I Am Your New Marketing Intern.”
Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, please note that we will only be contacting those we feel best meet the qualifications of this position.