Do you want to be part of our team of superstars who make a difference in the lives of others? The Chopra Center is currently seeking an Event Planner.
The Chopra Center for Wellbeing, located in beautiful Carlsbad, CA is a nurturing place where visitors from around the world come to experience healing and transformation. We are a leading source for learning meditation, yoga, and the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda. We offer a wide variety of programs in stress release, mind-body medicine, emotional healing, self-empowerment, personal development and life transformation. The Chopra Center is a 2013 Medallion Award Winner of the San Diego Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Workplace Excellence program.
We need an Event Planner to provide world-class coordination of our programs with the supervision of the Director of Events. You must be an individual with a true desire to support the needs of our guests, offer creative solutions, have a strong work ethic and can manage a demanding workload with ease. Success in our event department requires an expectation of going above and beyond.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with a small team to produce 30-35 events per year
- Ensure the satisfaction of the 5,000+ attendees of these events
- Constantly strive toward the personal/professional development of our teammates
- Maintain a tremendous passion and devotion to our company mission
- Stay focused in a dynamic, extremely fast paced environment where no two days are alike
- Work confidently with VIP clients, always maintaining professionalism
- Execute strong computer skills daily
- Make independent decisions while keeping a team mentality
- Provide a creative voice to the Events team
- Use good judgment to make appropriate decisions based on the task at hand
- Minimum 3-5 years progressive Event Planning experience with an emphasis on planning multiple meetings for multiple clients at a time
- Thorough knowledge of hotel operations; including BEOs, group resumes, monitor room blocks/pick up reports and reconcile billing
- Passion for and understanding of service excellence
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to motivate, train and develop support team to ensure exceptional guest experiences
- Expert in Microsoft Office
- Able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must occasionally lift and/or move event supplies up to 25lbs
- Sincere interest in spiritual studies and dedication to your personal growth
- Ability to work under pressure with rapidly changing priorities and maintain sense of humor
- Extremely proactive, resourceful and a self-starter
- BA/BS in business, hospitality or related field preferred
- Great health insurance package
- 401K plan
- Access to acupuncture and chiropractic services, yoga, meditation, etc.
- Access to our seminars and trainings
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE CONSIDERED, PLEASE APPLY HERE. All applications must be submitted through this portal; please do not email or Indeed-reply your application.
Please attach a unique cover letter explaining why you would be the ideal candidate in the "Attach Other Documents" section of the career center portal.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, please note that we will only be contacting those who we feel best meet the qualifications of the position.