Customer Service Manager
Do you want to be part of our team of superstars who make a difference in the lives of others? The Chopra Center is currently seeking a Customer Service Manager.
The Chopra Center for Wellbeing, located in beautiful Carlsbad, CA is a nurturing place where seekers from around the world come to experience healing and transformation. We are the leading source for meditation, yoga, and the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda. We offer a wide variety of programs in stress release, mind-body medicine, emotional healing, personal development and life transformation. The Chopra Center is a 2013 and 2014 Medallion Award Winner of the San Diego Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Workplace Excellence program.
Currently we are looking for an experienced and innovative Customer Service Manager. This is a new position is at the Chopra Center will report to the VP of Sales. Responsibilities will include development and implementation of an effective customer service strategy that includes scalable staffing, use of external call center services as needed, cost containment, metrics, training, budgeting and automated IT ticketing and phone systems. The ideal candidate will be equally skilled at system management and people management. Learning to confidently navigate and interact with multiple ticketing systems, a proprietary e-learning platform, an e-commerce system, a web based experiential platform and a warehouse management system will be critical to success in this role.
This position will lead, coach and mentor a small internal team of 4-5 employees who provide customer service for consumer products, digital courses and marketing campaigns created by four internal divisions. Service protocols, policies and procedures will be developed, communicated and overseen by the Customer Service Manager. The Chopra Center is expanding on a large scale into the Latin American market. The Customer Service Manager will hire and work with the bilingual resources necessary to support the growth in this new market. This position requires a hands on approach and the expertise to create a functional and global customer service model, not currently in place, that supports significant growth in 2016 and beyond.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Meets regularly with division heads to forecast customer service needs and plans for appropriate staffing.
- Provides regular and on-going feedback to division heads including recommended changes to marketing campaigns, product descriptions and websites to minimize customer service requirements.
- Creates customer service goals and standards and regularly provides metrics and results to senior leadership.
- Hires, trains, motivates and manages all necessary staff to provide excellent customer service for both internal and external customers. Staff to include bilingual (Spanish-English) service representatives.
- Sources and works with contracted customer service resources to scale service levels to meet the business requirements.
- Works closely with division heads, to prepare customer service scripts and templates for campaigns that allow for high volume through automated responses.
- Steps in and serves as a back up to customer service representatives as demand requires. Learns by doing.
- Establishes and enforces policies and procedures for the department.
- Takes a lead role to resolve problems, determine improvements and implements changes.
- Manages Yelp and social media customer service comments
- Manages automated call distribution and call reporting
EDUCATION AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Work experience should include a minimum of 2 years in customer service in a management or supervisory role.
- Must have excellent communication skills – both oral and written.
- Skilled at resolving customer service issues and technical issues with finesse and professionalism.
- Knowledge of the Chopra Center and its products, programs and services is very helpful.
- MS Office Suite (required)
- MAS 200 (accounting system/consumer product sales)
- Sales Logix (CRM)
- ActiveCollab (project management)
- Magento (ecommerce)
- Mitel Contact Center (required)
- OS Ticket
- Ability to quickly learn proprietary in-house digital web based platforms, ticketing systems and a warehouse inventory management system
- Great health insurance package
- 401K plan
- Access to acupuncture and chiropractic services, yoga, meditation, etc.
- Access to our seminars and trainings
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please email your resume AND unique cover letter to email@example.com explaining why you are our ideal candidate. The subject line of your email must say: “I Am Your New Customer Service Manager.”
Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, please note that we will only be contacting those we feel best meet the qualifications of this position.