Digital Programming Intern
Do you want to be part of a team of superstars who make a difference in the lives of others? The Chopra Center is currently seeking a Digital Programming Intern.
The Chopra Center for Wellbeing is a nurturing place where visitors from around the world come to experience healing and transformation. We are a leading source for learning meditation, yoga, and the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda. We offer a wide variety of programs in stress release, mind-body medicine, emotional healing, self-empowerment, personal development, and life transformation. The Chopra Center is a 2013 Medallion Award Winner of the San Diego Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Workplace Excellence program.
This is a perfect internship opportunity for someone who wants to learn and apply a new skill set, as well as someone who is a self-starter, detail oriented, creative thinker, and able to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities. We are looking for someone who understands how to manage an executive’s schedule with excellent organization skills. The environment is engaging and fast-paced. Individual must be self-motivated, highly competent, and grounded.
Our intern will work with The Chopra Center Digital Programming Department, a new and expanding team with potential growth opportunities! Intern should be able to devote a minimum of 20-30 hours per week (4-6 hours per day) depending on work flow and will work at the administrative offices located in Carlsbad. This position will report to Kathy Bankerd, the VP of Digital Programming and Business Development.
- Administrative assistant to the Digital Programming team.
- Coordinate accommodations for visiting contractors.
- Facilitate new employee protocol for Digital Programming team.
- Assists with customer support for various online programs.
- Work with accounting department for invoicing and expense reports.
- Schedule and coordinate the setup of meetings (both physically and virtually).
- Create spreadsheets and timelines for projects on Roadmap builder.
- Update documents and spreadsheets on the Chopra Center online platforms.
- Learn and use Basecamp, Smartsheet, and Dropbox.
- Maintain upkeep of office supplies.
The ideal candidate must:
- Possess superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written).
- Have strong administrative skills with efficient follow up.
- Have the ability to write copy for emails.
- Be a fast learner with minimal direction needed, adaptable, and positive.
- Be organized and responsible as the key organizer of meetings.
- Be very proficient with Microsoft Office including Outlook (including Outlook Calendar), Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Major in Business, Marketing, Communications, or similar major is preferred.
- Experience with graphic design, social media, and other web based skills is preferred.
- Have an interest in mind body wellness or Ayurveda.
- Email your resume and unique cover letter to email@example.com. The subject line of your email must say, “I Am Your New Digital Programming Intern.”
- The cover letter should include a summary of your marketing experience, an explanation of what you want to gain from an internship, why you are our ideal candidate, and dates of availability for an interview.
Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed.