Do you want to be part of our team of superstars who make a difference in the lives of others? The Chopra Center is currently seeking an Inventory Manager for the Consumer Products Division.
The Chopra Center for Wellbeing, located in beautiful Carlsbad, CA is a nurturing place where visitors from around the world come to experience healing and transformation. We are a leading source for learning meditation, yoga, and the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda. We offer a wide variety of programs and products for stress release, mind-body medicine, emotional healing, self-empowerment, personal development and life transformation. The Chopra Center is a 2013 and 2014 Medallion Award Winner of the San Diego Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Workplace Excellence program.
Reporting to the Director of Consumer Products, the Inventory Manager will be responsible for managing all inventory control related activities.
The Inventory Manager will be responsible for:
- Forecasting inventory needs for all company warehouses
- Managing product sourcing, ordering, and receiving for over 500 SKUs
- Determining and managing move rates and re-order points for just-in-time ordering
- Acting as a key contact for customer service to troubleshoot issues with product orders particularly as they relate to inventory
- Managing all vendor and warehouse relationships
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate and select vendors/suppliers based on price, quality, and delivery speed
- Manage vendor relations in support of timely product delivery, including follow up on late orders, until received
- Communicate with warehouse staff and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action
- Ensure that vendors and suppliers comply with the terms and conditions of the agreements with special emphasis on product testing protocols
- Work with the director of products to develop the company’s inventory management strategy with the aim of controlling costs and reducing inventory to just in time levels using a systematic approach
- Manage and maintain the company’s product inventory, including the oversight of regular inventory counts at the warehouses and retail store
- Manage and oversee inventory stock counting, product kitting and inventory accuracy checks at all warehouses and the retail store
- Minimize overstocks and facilitate removal of obsolete / redundant SKUs
- Ensure incoming product is received and managed appropriately according to company and warehouse procedure; compare items received to items ordered and resolve differences with the vendor.
- Provide routine management information on inventory performance to all company stakeholders
- Write and maintain accurate written procedures for all main inventory control processes and functions
- Ensure that cyclic stock checks are done at the warehouse.
- With special emphasis on kits and top-selling products produce daily reports to ensure key critical areas of the inventory system are controlled and any discrepancies addressed and resolved.
- Prepare and process purchase orders by 1) verifying specifications and pricing; 2) obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items as needed; and 3) obtaining approval from requisitioning department.
- Monitor and track the transfer of product from warehouse to retail store and special events
- Authorize payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation to Accounting
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Background experience in accounting and/or inventory management and/or purchasing
- Working knowledge of purchasing policies, processes and procedures
- Knowledge of warehouse functions and inventory control practices
- Experience negotiating vendor contracts and product pricing based on specific budget and schedule requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a deadline driven customer focused working environment.
- Methodical thinker with strong business administration skills
- Ability to multitask while maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Must be proficient in Excel and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
- Experience with MAS and Amazon Fulfillment a plus
- Great health insurance package
- 401K plan
- Access to acupuncture and chiropractic services, yoga, meditation, etc.
- Access to our seminars and trainings
- Discount spa services
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please email your resume, salary history AND unique cover letter explaining why you are our ideal candidate to email@example.com. The subject line of your email must say “I am your new Inventory Manager.”
Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, please note that we will only be contacting those we feel best meet the qualifications of this position.