**The Purchasing Specialist/Analyst position is an administrative office-based position, not warehouse. **
Do you want to be part of our team of superstars who make a difference in the lives of others? The Chopra Center is currently seeking a purchasing specialist/analyst for the consumer products division.
The Chopra Center for Wellbeing, located in beautiful Carlsbad, CA is a nurturing place where visitors from around the world come to experience healing and transformation. We are a leading source for learning meditation, yoga, and the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda. We offer a wide variety of programs and products for stress release, mind-body medicine, emotional healing, self-empowerment, personal development and life transformation. The Chopra Center is a 2013 and 2014 Medallion Award Winner of the San Diego Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Workplace Excellence program.
Reporting to the Director of Consumer Products, the Purchasing Specialist/Analyst will be responsible for managing all inventory control related activities.
The Purchasing Specialist/Analyst will be responsible for:
- Forecasting inventory needs for all company warehouses
- Managing product sourcing, ordering, and receiving for over 500 SKUs
- Determining and managing move rates and re-order points for just-in-time ordering
- Acting as a key contact for customer service to troubleshoot issues with product orders particularly as they relate to inventory
- Managing all vendor and warehouse relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate and select vendors/suppliers based on price, quality, and delivery speed
- Manage vendor relations in support of timely product delivery, including follow up on late orders, until received
- Communicate with warehouse staff and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action
- Ensure that vendors and suppliers comply with the terms and conditions of the agreements with special emphasis on product testing protocols
- Work with the director of products to develop the company’s inventory management strategy with the aim of controlling costs and reducing inventory to just in time levels.
- Work with the director of products to develop automated tracking and procurement procedures.
- Manage and maintain the company’s product inventory, including the oversight of regular inventory counts at the warehouses and retail store
- Manage and oversee inventory stock counting, product kitting and inventory accuracy checks at all warehouses and the retail store
- Minimize overstocks and facilitate removal of obsolete / redundant SKUs
- Ensure incoming product is received and managed appropriately according to company and warehouse procedure; compare items received to items ordered and resolve differences with the vendor.
- Provide routine management information on inventory performance to all company stakeholders
- Write and maintain accurate written procedures for all main inventory control processes and functions
- Ensure that cyclic stock checks are done at the warehouse.
- With special emphasis on kits and top-selling products produce daily reports to ensure key critical areas of the inventory system are controlled and any discrepancies addressed and resolved.
- Prepare and process purchase orders by 1) verifying specifications and pricing; 2) obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items as needed; and 3) obtaining approval from requisitioning department.
- Monitor and track the transfer of product from warehouse to retail store and special events
- Authorize payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation to Accounting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Background experience in accounting and/or inventory management and/or purchasing
- Working knowledge of purchasing policies, processes and procedures
- Knowledge of warehouse functions and inventory control practices
- Experience negotiating vendor contracts and product pricing based on specific budget and schedule requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a deadline driven customer focused working environment.
- Methodical thinker with strong business administration skills
- Ability to multitask while maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Must be proficient in Excel and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
- Experience with MAS and Amazon Fulfillment a plus
- Great health insurance package
- 401K plan
- Access to acupuncture and chiropractic services, yoga, meditation, etc.
- Access to our seminars and trainings
- Discount spa services
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please email your resume AND unique cover letter explaining why you are our ideal candidate to email@example.com. The subject line of your email must say “I am your new Purchasing Specialist/Analyst.”
Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, please note that we will only be contacting those we feel best meet the qualifications of this position.