Do you want to be part of our team of superstars who make a difference in the lives of others? The Chopra Center is currently seeking an Event Manager.
The Chopra Center for Wellbeing, located in beautiful Carlsbad, CA is a nurturing place where visitors from around the world come to experience healing and transformation. We are a leading source for learning meditation, yoga, and the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda.
We are in need of an Event Manager to provide world-class coordination of our programs with the supervision of the Director of Events. You must be an individual with a true desire to support the needs of our guests, offer creative solutions, have a strong work ethic and can manage a demanding workload with ease. Success in our event department requires an expectation of going above and beyond.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Applicants must be detail-oriented, professional and able to work confidently with VIP clients. Must have strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office, and consider yourself an expert in Excel. The ideal candidate should be able to work independently, as well as with a team, and must possess good judgment to discern which is appropriate based on the task at hand. Our team will produce 30-35 events in 2015 serving over 5,000 attendees.
- Minimum 3-5 years progressive Event Management experience with an emphasis on planning multiple meetings for multiple clients at a time
- Thorough knowledge of hotel operations; including BEOs, group resumes, monitor room blocks/pick up reports and reconcile billing
- Passion for and understanding of service excellence
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to motivate, train and develop support team to ensure exceptional guest experiences
- Able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must occasionally lift and/or move event supplies up to 25lbs
- Sincere interest in spiritual studies and dedication to your personal growth
- Ability to work under pressure with rapidly changing priorities and maintain sense of humor
- Extremely proactive, resourceful and a self-starter
- BA/BS in business, hospitality or related field preferred
- Great health insurance package
- 401K plan
- Access to acupuncture and chiropractic services, yoga, meditation, etc.
- Access to our seminars and trainings
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please email your resume AND unique cover letter explaining why you are our ideal candidate to email@example.com. The subject line of your email must say “I am your new Event Manager.”
Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, please note that we will only be contacting those we feel best meet the qualifications of this position.