Director of Content Development
Do you want to be part of our team of superstars who make a difference in the lives of others? The Chopra Center is currently seeking a Director of Content Development.
The Chopra Center for Wellbeing, located in beautiful Carlsbad, CA is a nurturing place where visitors from around the world come to experience healing and transformation. We are a leading source for learning meditation, yoga, and the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda. We offer a wide variety of programs in stress release, mind-body medicine, emotional healing, self-empowerment, personal development and life transformation. The Chopra Center is a 2013 Medallion Award Winner of the San Diego Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Workplace Excellence program.
This is a full-time leadership position that reports to the Sales Director. The ideal candidate will be experienced in project management, content production, editing and publishing, with a creative force to bring to the Chopra Center leadership team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, implement, and monitor a Content Portfolio System (Discovery, Approval, Product Development and Production, Launch) in collaboration with Executive Leadership team
- Manage and oversee Chopra Online course development and production
- Lead several key online projects
- Collaborate with Chopra Center leaders to create annual strategic live and Online Content Development Plans
- Work closely with Technology team, Creative Design team and Marketing
- Collaborate with external partners re: online courseware and course development
- Constantly monitor customer feedback and adjust appropriately
- Meet regularly with Chopra Center Leadership Team and Content Team
- Supervise content team staff – consultants and developers
- Build capacity in team members and external consultants/authors to develop interactive courseware
- Oversee budget development as well as resource allocations
- Work with VP(s) to vet featured speakers and potential courses
- Attend live events as appropriate to vet speakers and content for online courses
- Ensure customer business needs are met
- Must possess 3 years of curriculum development for live event and on-line course wear.
- Must be able to take a large amount of dictation, and efficiently and creatively craft the information into a tangible product
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, attentive to detail
- Experience with budget oversight, collaborative partnerships, meeting facilitation
- Significant supervisory experience preferred
- Exceptional computer skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Chopra Center teachings are a plus
- Outstanding verbal and written communication ability; exceptional writing and editing skills
- Must be proactive and eager, while still being humble, courteous and supportive
- Great health insurance package
- 401K plan
- Access to acupuncture and chiropractic services, yoga, meditation, etc.
- Access to our seminars and trainings
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please email your resume AND unique cover letter explaining why you are our ideal candidate to email@example.com. The subject line of your email must say “I am your new Director of Content Development.”
Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, please note that we will only be contacting those we feel best meet the qualifications of this position.