Event Department Intern
Do you want to be part of our team of superstars who make a difference in the lives of others? The Chopra Center is currently seeking an Event Department Intern.
The Chopra Center for Wellbeing, located in beautiful Carlsbad, CA is a nurturing place where visitors from around the world come to experience healing and transformation. We are a leading source for learning meditation, yoga, and the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda. We offer a wide variety of programs in stress release, mind-body medicine, emotional healing, self-empowerment, and personal development. The Chopra Center is a 2014 Medallion Award Winner of the San Diego Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Workplace Excellence program.
This internship is a unique opportunity to be immersed in event planning for our 16 annual events. Events range in size from 75-500 attendees. In this role, you will be surrounded by beautiful, inspiring and life-changing professionals. You will work with the Chopra Center Event Department which features an energetic, enthusiastic staff with expert event planning skills. You will also have opportunities to shadow our event managers during live events held at the Omni La Costa Resort & Spa.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in event preparation, management and logistics
- Serve as an on-site assistant to our Event Managers
- Work on special projects as required including research of vendors and entertainers
- Develop and produce event materials as needed
- Must possess superior communication skills (verbal and written). You will interact with numerous personalities from all walks of life.
- Must be positive, adaptable, compassionate and patient.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Business, Marketing, Hospitality, Public Relations, Communications or similar major preferred
- Special events experience a plus – not required
- Must have an interest in meditation and/or Ayurveda
This is a 4-6 month internship at the Chopra Center administrative offices in Carlsbad. We are looking for someone to work part-time, 8-10 hours per week. The Chopra Center offers incredible benefits to part-time employees including, but not limited to:
- Working with a thriving, conscious, service-minded, employee-focused company
- Contributing to the community by making positive changes in peoples’ lives
- Limitless, daily yoga and meditation classes
- Ongoing private staff trainings and courses
- Attendance to various events, classes
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please email your resume AND unique cover letter explaining why you are our ideal candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your email must say “I am your new Event Intern.”
Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, please note that we will only be contacting those we feel best meet the qualifications of this position.