Do you want to be part of our team of superstars who make a difference in the lives of others? The Chopra Center is currently seeking a Medical Receptionist.
The Chopra Center for Wellbeing, located in beautiful Carlsbad, CA is a nurturing place where visitors from around the world come to experience healing and transformation. We are a leading source for learning meditation, yoga, and the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda. We offer a wide variety of programs in stress release, mind-body medicine, emotional healing, self-empowerment, personal development and life transformation. The Chopra Center is a 2013 Medallion Award Winner of the San Diego Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Workplace Excellence program.
This position will report to the Medical Office Manager. The ideal candidate will be engaged in the Chopra Center’s values and mission, have strong administrative experience and thrive in a fast-paced environment. This is a rewarding opportunity to work closely with the Mind-Body medical group physicians, integrative service providers and Perfect Health guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Walk through a typical day)
- Create and prepare guest charts by collating medical paperwork, lab results, intake forms etc.
- Greet and check-in guests, record vitals (blood pressure and weight)
- Daily administrative tasks such as: receive incoming calls, answer questions regarding medical services, set appointments, route calls, collect payment, file charts, replenish hand-outs and upload documents into the Electronic Health Record system.
- Maintain confidential excel spreadsheets with personal health information
- Assist medical manager and physicians as needed. Help maintain effective flow within the office, end appointments on time, be protective of staff
- Participate in team meetings, manage inventory of office supplies and lab kits
NECESSARY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2+ years of Medical Administration/ Receptionist experience
- High School Diploma Required, Degree in related field preferred
- Exceptional multi-tasker with attention to detail
- Must be computer savvy – Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Organized, proactive and efficient
- Ability to prioritize time-sensitive tasks
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred
- Must be compassionate and love helping others
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds
PREFERRED, TRAINABLE SKILLS:
- Recording vital signs
- Software based programs (Millenium, SalesLogix)
- Web-based health record system
We are looking for someone to work part-time, 16 hours per week. The compensation for the position is $14 per hour. The Chopra Center offers incredible benefits to part-time employees including, but not limited to:
- Working with a thriving, conscious, service-minded, employee-focused company
- Contributing to the community by making positive changes in peoples’ lives
- Limitless, daily yoga and meditation classes
- Ongoing private staff trainings and courses
- Attendance to various events, classes
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please email your resume AND unique cover letter explaining why you are our ideal candidate to email@example.com. The subject line of your email must say “I am your new Medical Receptionist.”
Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, please note that we will only be contacting those we feel best meet the qualifications of this position.